Whether you’ve been feeding hummingbirds for years or you’re just getting started, it’s important to look for the best hummingbird feeders you can find. Avoid ones that are cheaply made and don’t last long and take a look at this list of 5 of the popular hummingbird feeders on Amazon.
I tried to mix it up and give you an option from several categories of hummingbird feeders such as a window hummingbird feeder, glass hummingbird feeder, hanging hummingbird feeder, unique hummingbird feeder, and a one for those on a budget.
Top 5 Picks
Top 5 best hummingbird feeders
- 16 ounce capacity
- Built in ant moat
- Solid brass stem
- Wrap around perch
- Bright red cover attracts hummingbirds
- Built-in nectar scale
This style of hanging hummingbird feeder has always been popular. They’re very simple to maintain, easy to refill, and attract a lot of hummingbirds if you place them correctly. This option from Aspects comes with a built-in ant moat and is very popular on Amazon. This is probably my favorite all around hummingbird feeder, especially with the added ant moat.
- The bright red color attracts hummingbirds
- Easy to refill and easy to clean
- The feeding ports will accommodate several hummer’s at a time
- Very inexpensive
- Holds 32 oz of nectar
I have one of these simple feeders in my backyard right now. These hummingbird feeders from First Nature are nothing fancy, but they’re super inexpensive and actually made pretty well. Now they are made of a rather flimsy plastic so don’t expect it to be as high quality some that are more expensive. Overall though you get a great bang for your buck and they will last you a while if you take care of them.
- Holds 13 fluid ounces of hummingbird nectar
- Five flower shaped feeding ports for multiple hummingbirds
- Antique medicine bottle design
- Provides a vintage feel
- Burnt penny finish base
- Red glass bottle and red flower feeding ports
- Wash by hand with warm soapy water – do not put in dishwasher
This is one of the nicest glass hummingbird feeders I’ve come across at an affordable price in this vintage bottle style. The glass itself is actually red which helps attract hummingbirds, and the top of the base is made of metal adding to the antique feel of this feeder. The bottom half of the base is made of a strong and durable plastic, they all connect together for a snug, leak-proof fit. It would also make a great gift for someone that loves hummingbirds.
- 8 oz capacity
- 3 feeding ports
- Detachable ant moat included
- Get up close views of hummingbirds right at your window
For many people, a window feeder is just a better option. If you live in an apartment or condo or just don’t have much of a yard, a window feeder can be a great compromise. We’ve had great luck with several window hummingbird feeders and this one from Aspects is a great choice. Just be sure to follow their installation instructions closely and clean the glass well before applying the suction cups.
- Beautiful, thick, hand blown glass in vibrant colors
- Extra wide opening enables easier filling and cleaning
- Silicone gasket on lid and flowers makes it leak-free
- Decorative hanging basket with perching rings allows hummingbirds to perch for more comfortable feeding
- All parts easily remove and are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
I thought I’d throw this blown glass hummingbird feeder at the end of this list of the best hummingbird feeders. It’s very pretty and would look great hanging in a garden. Aside from the pleasing aesthetics, it’s also very functional. It’s leak-free, easy to refill, and dishwasher safe. Add a splash of color to your yard with this one.
Hummingbird feeder accessories
Here are a few items that you may want along with a new hummingbird feeder.
- Ant moat for hummingbird feeders
- Hummingbird nesters– encourage hummingbirds to nest in your yard
- Handheld Hummingbird Feeders – learn to hand-feed hummingbirds
How to attract hummingbirds
Here are a few of the main tips to help attract as many hummingbirds as possible to your yard.
- First and most obvious, hang hummingbird feeders
- Make your own hummingbird nectar
- Learn when to expect hummingbirds in your area
- Plant bright and colorful flowers
- Offer nesting materials
See more tips on attracting hummingbirds
I hope this article helped you know what your options are when buying a hummingbird feeder. There are several different types of hummingbird feeders out there and I tried to give you a choice from each category, but any of the feeders on this list of best hummingbird feeders are sure to attract hummingbirds to your yard.